Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stila Colorwheel: Rose look

I recently purchased the Stila Color Wheel, and I absolutely LOVE it!






It was offered as a limited edition eyeshadow palette for Holiday 2010.  It's an awesome buy, because you get 37 shadows plus a 16-page step-by-step Lookbook to show you how to create endless awe-inspiring combinations for both day and night.  The color wheel was offered for about $38, but I lucked out and got it on sale at Sephora for about $27.  I really like Stila cosmetics.  I've always been impressed with the high pigmentation of their shadows.


I tried out one of the color combinations in the Lookbook called the rose look.  Here's what it looks like in the Lookbook:






Colors used are the three at the 10:00 mark on the color wheel:  Pale Pink, Dusty Rose, and Aubergine.


This is a nice neutral, daytime look.  I put my own spin on the look by making it a little more edgy:









 Average White Girl recipe for the Stila Color Wheel rose look:

  1. Prime eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion.
  2. Apply Pale Pink from lash line to brow bone.
  3. Apply Dusty Rose to lid and blend up into crease
  4. Apply Aubergine along lash line and blend into crease up toward brow bone.
  5. Apply Aubergine along the lower lash line about 2/3 the way from the outside corner to the inside corner of the eye.
  6. Apply Pale Pink around the inside corner of the eye and along the lower lash line to blend into the Aubergine.
  7. Apply Benefit High Brow just under brow arch and blend.
  8. Use Lorac Front of the Line PRO in black to line above lash line.  I like to create a small wing on the outside corners of my eyes for my daytime look.
  9. Apply Palladio Glitter Eye pencil in Black Sparkle over the Lorac liner to add an extra touch of glamour and sparkle.
  10. Curl lashes and apply a generous coat of your favorite black mascara to upper and lower lashes.
This look was simple to create, and it's a nice way to showcase manicured brows, long thick lashes, and the vintage pin-up feel the winged liner creates.  I hope you enjoy my take on the Stila Color Wheel rose look!  


3 comments: