Monday, January 24, 2011

Stila Color Wheel: Lavender Look (dry brush)

I'm continuing to experiment with my Stila Color Wheel and loving all the combinations!  Today, I tried out the Lavender Look.  The three colors used are White, Lavender, and Eggplant.  These colors are located at 8:00 on the color wheel:


The Lookbook specified to use a wet brush when picking up the shadows.  The look is very bold and dramatic, which I feel is more of a night time look.  I just wanted a simple day time look, so I used a dry brush instead of a wet brush.  Here is what the Lavender Look looks like when used with a WET brush:


When I dry brushed the shadow, the results were more of a soft smoky grey eye that was perfect for day time wear.  As you can see, the difference between using a wet brush and a dry brush is huge:





 Average White Girl recipe for the Stila Color Wheel Lavender Look:
  1. Prime eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion.
  2. Apply White from lash line to brow bone.
  3. Apply Lavender to lid and blend up into crease
  4. Apply Eggplant along lash line and blend into crease up toward brow bone.
  5. Apply Eggplant along the lower lash line about 2/3 the way from the outside corner to the inside corner of the eye.
  6. Apply Lavender around the inside corner of the eye and along the lower lash line to blend into the Eggplant.
  7. Apply Benefit High Brow just under brow arch and blend.
  8. In this example, I used Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black to line my lids.  Using this product will be a topic of a future post.  I absolutely LOVE this product.  It requires practice and a steady hand, but I love the results I get from it more than any other pencil eyeliner or felt tip pen liner out there.  I DID NOT use the brush that came with the product.  I used the Sephora angled liner brush #15, which works like a charm.  
  9. Curl lashes and apply a generous coat of your favorite black mascara to upper and lower lashes.
This is a nice way to show off the winged liner I like to create with the gel liner.  The shadows are pigmented enough to provide a nice soft smoke day time look, yet light enough to really showcase that perfect winged liner.

I'll do the wet brush Lavender Look in a future post to showcase a great night time look.  Until then, I hope you all enjoy this fun look!


No comments:

Post a Comment