Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Makeup Geek challenge - Pink, Lavender and Aqua

Makeup Geek just posted a Spring Colors challenge for a look based off this collage:


Essentially, an aqua/pink/lavender color block:


I've never entered a Makeup Geek contest before, but a makeup friend of mine suggested I submit a look.  I don't expect to win--I entered for the fun of it.  These are three colors that I would've never really thought to put together.  It was fun to try a look that I otherwise would've never done.  Here is what I came up with:


Here is the recipe for this look:
  • NYX Eye Shadow Base in White
  • Lid: Finland, Kat Von D 'Truth' palette
  • Crease: Rehab, Kat Von D 'Truth' palette
  • Outer V: Prague, Kat Von D 'Truth palette
  • Brow bone: NYX Prune
  • Under brow arch: Sister, Kat Von D 'Truth' palette
  • Crease dusted with NYX Glitter Powder in Purple
  • Outer 2/3 of lower lash line: Prague, Kat Von D 'Truth' palette
  • Inner 1/2 of lower lash line: Finland, Kat Von D 'Truth' palette
  • Eyeliner: Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black
  • Mascara: Covergirl LashBlast Luxe Mascara in Black Platinum
So try it out!  You may be surprised what you can get when you experiment with fun colors!

Click here to view other entries in the Makeup Geek Spring Colors challenge.

1 comment: