Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Benefit New Product Alert: Prrrrowl!

I am a huge fan of Benefit Cosmetics.  Although they are on the pricey side (paying for the pretty packaging!), their products are quality, and I love how they mix a fresh faced look with vintage glamour and out of the box concepts.

Their newest product is called Prrrowl.  I don't own Prrrowl, but I checked it out at Ulta the other night. Basically, it's a mascara top coat on one end and a lip gloss on the other.  I know, weird, right?  But the common theme with both products is they contain peacock blue glitter.

 

The mascara is intended to be worn as either a top coat over your favorite shade of mascara, or it can be worn alone.  It's a black tint with pretty peacock blue colored glitter.  I tried some on, and I have to tell you, it's VERY subtle.  I'm a huge glitter gal myself, so I was hoping for something that screams out BLUE GLITTER MASCARA!!!  But unless you point out to someone that it has blue glitter in it, no one will be able to tell.  I've read some reviews on the product, and people are using it as a liquid eyeliner in lieu of mascara.

As far as the gloss goes--it goes on shimmery pink.  After awhile, the pink wears off, and you have blue glitter on your lips.  A little strange.  I guess it's supposed to make your teeth look whiter.

Here is a video review of the product.  I couldn't even tell the difference when she put the gloss or mascara on.  Disappointing.


I think the concept is cute, but just not very practical.  The mascara needs more blue glitter in it to show up well on your lashes, and the gloss needs less glitter in it so you don't end up with blue lips.  For $28, I'm probably not going to own this one anytime soon.  I wish you could buy the mascara and the gloss separately.  I'd buy the mascara for $15-$18 on its own.

If anyone purchases this product, please leave a comment and let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment